Hub Events and Activities
Resting Hands Infant Massage
Resting Hands Infant massage is able to offer both group and one-to-one Infant Massage, for parents and babies, either in a community building or in their own homes by arrangement.
- Qualified Infant Massage Instructor, registered through the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM).
- I've been an active volunteer at Rawthorpe and Dalton CC, delivering infant massage on a weekly basis for the past four years.
- I'm an NNEB qualified Nursery Nurse with many years of experience in day care settings, and I also have my own children so have a wealth of knowledge and understanding.
- Generally available Monday – Friday with flexibility.
- I've experience in group settings, but have also worked to support those unable to join a group (mental health, heath problems, confidence or other issues) on a one-to-one basis.
- I'm DBS checked and approved.
- I hold an up to date Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
What is infant Massage?
Infant Massage is a set of strokes, encouraging positive touch and communication between your baby and you.
Benefits of Infant Massage:
There are many benefits for you and your baby, the main one is having relaxed time for each other, where you can learn about your baby and build the bond with your baby. This calm activity can also help your baby feel loved, help promote better sleep as part of a routine, help with colic and can help to boost the immune system.
I offer Infant Massage as a 5 week course of 1 hour sessions, during the programme I explain and demonstrate massage in the following areas (1) Legs and Feet, (2) Tummy and colic routine, (3) Chest and arms, (4) Face and back, (5) Stroke review and gentle exercise.
Fancy getting into rugby?